Saturday, March 1, 2008

Lesson Plan Critique -My Disscussion Contributions

Forum: Lesson Plan Critique
Date: Fri Feb 22 2008 08:19
Author: LAMBETH, PAULA <lamb8433@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Susan Larkin - Lesson Plan Critique
Hi
I think you did a great job. I liked how you explained that you choose a lesson that you could use for your students.
A few cosmetic things:
Page 2 under How to begin, the third bullet item, you have "create a three 5 slide power point presenetation". Is that supposed to be 3-5, or 3 to 5? (You have it later in the critique as 3-5.
Page 4 Under Language Arts there is a "3." but nothing there
Questions:
Where did the State Course Study Standards: come from? What is the reference?
Suggestions:
Maybe explain what a cinquain poem is and maybe included and example?
Maybe a little more about how this lesson is a "good match between the use of computers and pedagogical approaches"?
Thanks - Paula

============================================================

Forum: Lesson Plan Critique
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 08:49
Author: LAMBETH, PAULA <lamb8433@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Lesson Plan Critique
Hi
I liked how you used the red text to differentiate your comments about the lesson. I also liked your idea of the students creating a brochure about how to conserve water. I liked how you put the questions in the critique itself. I had a difficult time trying to decide if I wanted to do that and without them it makes my paper kind of choppy. I may add the questions in like you did so that it is clear what each of my points are. Overall I liked this lesson because it was not just teaching children skills it was also teaching them about ways they can be responsible for the environment. And teaching them how their actions affect others.
I think this lesson would be good lesson for students in our area since we just had one of the worst droughts in history. Some other ways I thought of extending this lesson are:
Have the students do some research on our recent drought.
To tie in with the Environmental Studies, and the technology standards of working with groups, it might be neat to compare the results with students from another state or another country if that was possible to coordinate. They could share ideas from this about how to conserve water.
This could be tied into a whole unit on water or the environment. Students could investigate ways of harvesting water from the ocean, research how water treatments work, or research water pollution.
Thanks - Paula

No comments: